A pearl-sized bead, this lightly salted roe has a rich orange color. Salmon roe has the softest texture, biggest flavor and pop of all the roes.
- Species: Oncorhynchus Keta
- Origin: Inhabiting the Pacific Ocean Farm raised fingerlings, adults are wild caught in Alaska.
- Mature: 3-5 years, 2 -3 feet in length, and 8-15 lbs.
- Over soft scrambled eggs
- Atop sushi rice seasoned with shoyu
- With potato chips and sour cream
- Topped on cornmeal pancakes with herbed crème fråiche
- Tossed in a måche salad with avocado
Wine & Beer Pairings
- Sparkling Rosé
- Chenin Blanc
The Chefs Turned Fishmongers
Our fishermen, Ismael & Adrian, didn't start on the water. They started in the kitchen. As professional chefs, they were disappointed by the quality of seafood available to their restaurants. They began seeking out the best seafood in the world, often found on the Pacific Coast. So, they took to the sea — sourcing seafood that was sweet, pristine, and ready to eat. The kind that professional chefs and home chefs would both adore.
We paired up with them for caviar that had a culinary focus and not just a great sourcing story — offering the greatest variety of taste, texture and use in the fewest possible options.
|The Essential||Four Star Seafood|
|Price $14||Price $22|
|Same ingredients yes||Same ingredients yes|
|Same manufacturer yes||Same manufacturer yes|
|Serving size 2oz||Serving size 2 oz|